terça-feira, junho 21, 2005

...

O Andrew, jornalista multi-usos e multitalentoso, viajante e meu ex.flatmate em Barcelona, chegou ontem a Lisboa.
Estas são as primeiras impressões:

This morning I woke up with an irritating fast dance beat in my head. When consciousness slowly came into focus, I realised why: birdsong. Quick, metronomic, unchanging birdsong. I walked out, a copy of the Economist in hand, patted the two bouncy licky waggy dogs, and sat by the pool at my friend's house on the other side of the river in Lisbon. A plunge, a splash, dogs running around, chasing me on dry land as I do slow inelegant laps.

Following a fresh prawn lunch in the sun next to a bar with some really rather pretty Portuguese girls supping and taking in the view of the river and bridge, now I'm at the office in the old town, with plenty of work to do but Test Match Special to keep me company. Tonight we're off to a Brazilian night at a local outdoor restaurant.

None of this is for you, it's for future personal reference, to be filed under 'the way things should be'.


E quinta-feira sobe ao Porto, para o mítico S. João!